Thomas leads Terps over NC StateFeb 26, 2012 - 9:45 PM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - Alyssa Thomas finished with a 24-point, 17- rebound double-double to help No. 6 Maryland wrap up the regular season with a 65-50 victory over NC State at Reynolds Coliseum on Sunday.
Laurin Mincy added 12 points for Maryland (25-4, 12-4 ACC), which has now won four straight since a 76-74 loss to ACC-rival Miami-Florida on Feb. 12.
Marissa Kastanek and Kody Burke scored nine points apiece for NC State (16-14, 5-11), which has lost four of its last five contests.
Maryland began the game on a 17-3 spurt over the first six-plus minutes of action, but NC State countered with a 14-2 run to pull within two, 19-17, with just under nine minutes to play in the first.
NC State got 21 of its 25 first-half points from its bench to keep the game close at 30-25 heading into the locker room.
The margin teetered around five for much of the second half until Thomas netted back-to-back jumpers and Kim Rodgers buried a three-pointer to put the Terps on top 54-43 with 7:41 remaining.
NC State answered with a trey of its own from Burke but Thomas netted the next six points for the Terps to help Maryland pull away for the victory.
- MARYLAND: 65
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 50
Feb 26 4:04 PM
- MARYLAND: 30
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 25
Feb 26 2:54 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 2:15 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27