No. 10 Tennessee tops FloridaFeb 26, 2012 - 11:31 PM
Shekinna Stricklen netted 15 points while Alicia Manning stuffed the stat sheet with 11 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Lady Vols (21-8, 12-4 SEC), who finished a game behind Kentucky for the SEC regular season title.
Lily Svete scored 12 points and Jennifer George and Lanita Bartley added 11 points apiece for Florida (18-11, 8-8), which had won five of its last seven games coming in.
The Lady Vols quickly jumped out to a 15-3 start and never trailed. Johnson scored 12 first-half points as Tennessee took a 35-25 lead into the locker room.
Ndidi Madu's jumper midway through the second half pulled the Gators within 51-44, but Tennessee regained its double-digit advantage after back-to-back buckets by Manning and Stricklen made it 59-48 with six minutes to go. The Lady Vols cruised to victory from there.
- FLORIDA: 59
Feb 26 5:42 PM
- FLORIDA: 25
Feb 26 4:24 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 3:38 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21