Baylor tops Iowa State, finishes regular season 31-0Mar 3, 2012 - 8:31 PM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittany Griner scored a career-high 41 points and top-ranked Baylor completed its first undefeated regular season in school history with a 77-53 victory over Iowa State.
Griner was 15-of-18 from the floor and sank 11 of her 13 free-throw attempts for the Lady Bears (31-0, 18-0 Big 12), who won their 40th straight game at home. Destiny Williams added a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Anna Prins had 17 points and seven rebounds while Nikki Moody netted 12 points for the Cyclones (18-11, 9-9), who have lost two of their last three games.
The contest was tied at 32 heading into the break and Iowa State led by four after Hallie Christofferson nailed a three-pointer to make it 38-34 early in the second stanza.
But the Lady Bears outscored the Cyclones 43-15 the rest of the way.
Griner ignited a 9-2 spurt with a three-point play, giving Baylor a 43-40 lead after the rally. A bit later, Griner scored 10 points during a 19-4 run to put the game away as Baylor held a commanding 69-47 advantage with 5:39 left.
- IOWA STATE: 53
Mar 3 1:53 PM
- IOWA STATE: 32
Mar 3 12:48 PM
- IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 3 12:07 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19