Maryland rips Wake Forest in ACC semisMar 3, 2012 - 10:48 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Alyssa Thomas had a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds as No. 6 Maryland defeated Wake Forest, 73-58, in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament.
Laurin Mincy had 13 points and seven rebounds and Lynetta Kizer added 12 points for the third-seeded Terrapins (27-4), who advanced to play Georgia Tech in Sunday's title game.
Maryland reached the final for the third time in seven years.
Chelsea Douglas led the Demon Deacons (19-13) with 14 points.
Thomas, the ACC Player of the Year, netted 13 points in the opening half as Maryland took a 33-27 lead into the locker room.
A 12-4 run, capped by Brene Moseley's three-pointer, gave Maryland its largest lead of the contest, 57-41, with 8:07 left. The Terrapins cruised to the easy win from there.
Wake Forest, which defeated second-ranked Miami-Florida in Friday's quarterfinals, shot just 29.7 percent from the floor for the game.
- WAKE FOREST: 58
Mar 3 3:26 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 27
Mar 3 2:17 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 3 1:33 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27