UConn overwhelms St. John's in Big East semisMar 6, 2012 - 3:43 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Stefanie Dolson scored 23 points and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis added 22 in the fourth-ranked Huskies' 74-43 pasting of No. 13 St. John's in the semifinals of the Big East Tournament.
The win gives the Huskies another shot at Notre Dame, which swept the regular season series against UConn and upended West Virginia earlier Monday. The finals are set for Tuesday night at XL Center.
Bria Hartley netted 11 points for third-seeded Connecticut, which had its 99- game home court win streak snapped by St. John's last month.
Another upset wasn't in the making for the second-seeded Red Storm, who shot just 30 percent from the field. Nadirah McKenith was the only St. John's player in double figures, finishing with 10 points.
The Huskies, who have won four straight conference tournament titles, rode Dolson's 13 points in the first half to a healthy 38-18 lead that was never challenged in the second half.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2