Griner, No. 1 Baylor remain unbeatenMar 8, 2012 - 9:56 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner littered the stat sheet with 15 points, nine rebounds, five blocks and four assists, and No. 1 Baylor remained the nation's lone undefeated team with a 72-48 rout of Texas Tech in a Big 12 Tournament quarterfinal on Thursday.
Odyssey Sims led all scorers with 18 points and Kimetria Hayden donated 10 for the top-seeded Lady Bears (32-0), who will play fifth seed Kansas State in a semifinal on Friday. K-State edged Iowa 67-63 earlier Thursday.
Monique Smalls was the sole double-digit scorer for ninth-seeded Texas Tech Lady Raiders (19-13) with 11 points. Kelsi Baker contributed eight points and nine boards in defeat.
The Bears took an early 10-9 lead on Sims' jumper and never looked back, scoring 30 of the half's final 37 points including 13 unanswered before intermission for a double-digit advantage they held thereafter.
- TEXAS TECH: 48
Mar 8 4:26 PM
- TEXAS TECH: 16
Mar 8 3:21 PM
- TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 8 2:36 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17