No. 2 Stanford advances to Pac-12 semis with rout of WashingtonMar 8, 2012 - 10:52 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike netted 18 points to go with seven rebounds and four assists as second-ranked Stanford crushed Washington, 76-57, in Pac-12 quarterfinal action at the Galen Center on Thursday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 16 points and added 11 rebounds for the Cardinal (29-1), who will face the winner of Arizona/Arizona State in the semifinals on Friday.
Bonnie Samuelson contributed 11 points off the bench and Joslyn Tinkle donated eight points and six rebounds in the victory, which was Stanford's 26th straight since a loss to Connecticut in November.
Regina Rogers paced the Huskies (17-13) with 13 points, while Mackenzie Argens and Mollie Williams added 12 points apiece in defeat.
Washington kept it close early, trailing by only one with 8 1/2 minutes left in the opening half, but Stanford began to pull away.
The Cardinal used an 8-0 burst to take a comfortable 20-11 advantage with just under 11 minutes left.
Washington forward Charmaine Barlow put home a layup to make it 22-19 in favor of Stanford with just over six minutes to play in the half, but the Cardinal responded by closing the half with a 15-5 run to lead 37-24 at the break.
Stanford shot 51.7 percent in the opening half, while the Huskies shot just 27.6 percent (8-of-29).
Stanford rolled through the second half and led by as many as 27 as it cruised to the easy win.
The Cardinal finished shooting 49.2 percent from the floor, while holding the Huskies to just 31.5 percent.
To compound the shooting struggles, Washington committed 15 turnovers compared to 10 for Stanford and were outrebounded 40-35.
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24