Griner's 45 lifts Baylor over K-State in Big 12 semisMar 9, 2012 - 11:48 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - After netting a career-high 41 points in her regular-season finale against Iowa State, Brittney Griner bested that mark against Kansas State in the semifinals of the Big 12 Tournament.
Griner scored a single-game tournament-record 45 points to go with 10 rebounds, seven blocks and four assists in top-ranked Baylor's 86-65 rout of the Wildcats.
She was 19-of-28 from the floor for the Lady Bears (34-0), who will play third-seeded Texas A&M in Saturday's Big 12 title game. Destiny Williams added 12 points and 14 rebounds.
Brittney Chambers scored 18 points to lead the Wildcats (19-13).
Griner scored the first eight points and finished the opening half with 23 for the Lady Bears, who took a 42-22 lead into the locker room.
Baylor led by as many as 32 in the second half, cruising to the easy win.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19