No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title gameMar 10, 2012 - 5:34 AM Green Bay, WI (Sports Network) - Adrian Ritchie scored 22 points and No. 10 Green Bay downed Illinois-Chicago, 73-53, in Friday's Horizon League Tournament semifinal matchup.
Sarah Eichler added 19 points on 7-of-8 shooting while Julie Wojta scored 13 to go with 11 rebounds for the top-seeded Phoenix (29-1), who advanced to Sunday's championship game against second-seeded Detroit. The Titans handed Green Bay its lone loss this season.
Jasmine Bailey scored a game-high 23 points to pace the fourth-seeded Flames (18-13), who had advanced with Wednesday's quarterfinal victory over No. 5 seed Butler.
Green Bay was in control for the majority of the game.
UIC scored the opening bucket. It would prove to be the team's only lead. The Phoenix responded with a 14-2 spurt to go in front and took a 36-28 advantage into the break.
Ritchie scored 14 of her 22 in the second half, as Green Bay shot 60 percent from the field, made 3-of-8 three-pointers, and extended its lead to as high as 23 in the closing minutes.
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9