Baylor beats Texas A&M for Big 12 crownMar 10, 2012 - 7:58 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Odyssey Sims had a season-high 26 points, Destiny Williams scored 12 with 11 rebounds and top-ranked Baylor cruised to a 73-50 victory over No. 22 Texas A&M in the Big 12 tournament championship game.
National Player of the Year candidate Brittney Griner followed up her record- setting performance with only 11 points and six blocks for the Lady Bears. Griner set a Big 12 tournament record with a career-high 45 points against Kansas State on Friday.
Baylor (34-0), which opened the game on a 14-0 run, wrapped up their second straight title and fourth overall.
Sydney Carter had 12 points to pace Texas A&M (22-10), which became the first school in league history to make five straight appearances in the title game.
The Aggies were victorious in 2008 and 2010, but the three losses have all come at the hands of Baylor. In 2011, Texas A&M exacted its revenge by topping the Lady Bears in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament en route to the national title.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19