Second half surge lifts Arkansas over DaytonMar 18, 2012 - 12:32 AM Arkansas Razorbacks took down the 11th- seeded Dayton Flyers 72-55 in the first round of the NCAA Women's Tournament at Reed Arena.
Lyndsay Harris and Keira Peak scored 14 points apiece for Arkansas (24-8), while C'eira Ricketts chipped in with 13 points.
For Dayton (23-7), Andrea Hoover led all scorers with 16 points. Justine Raterman tallied 14 points and eight boards for the Flyers while Elle Queen chipped in with 10 points.
Though Dayton outshot Arkansas from the field in the first half, 46.7 percent to 39.4 percent, the teams went into halftime tied at 35-35.
The Razorbacks continued to struggle in the second half, again shooting 39.4 percent from the floor, but Dayton made just seven field goals after the break as Arkansas cruised to the win.
Arkansas helped itself at the free-throw line, connecting on 14-of-18 from the stripe. Dayton made just 5-of-10 from the foul line.
Arkansas advances to the second round, where it will play third-seeded Texas A&M.
- DAYTON: 55
Mar 17 5:56 PM
- DAYTON: 35
Mar 17 4:52 PM
- DAYTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 17 4:08 PM
- Tennessee women beat Arkansas 68-51 to bolster NCAA resume Mar 3
- No. 16 Kentucky women beat Arkansas 77-63 Feb 21
- Warlick wins 100th as No. 23 Lady Vols beat Arkansas 75-57 Feb 4
- No. 13 Mississippi State women beat Arkansas 65-55 Jan 31
- Arkansas deals No. 24 Missouri women 64-52 loss Jan 17
- Jackson's 25 leads Arkansas' comeback over Lady Vols 64-59 Jan 14
- No. 7 Mississippi St beats Arkansas 80-55 Jan 10
- Roy's 3 lift No. 2 South Carolina to 85-32 victory Jan 3
- No. 5 Texas women beat Arkansas in Big 12-SEC Challenge Dec 20
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Nov 29
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66 Nov 28
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas Nov 28