Notre Dame routs Utah StateDec 8, 2012 - 7:34 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Natalie Achonwa scored 23 points and pulled down 12 rebounds, as fifth-ranked Notre Dame ran past Utah State, 109-70, Saturday afternoon.
Ariel Braker and Jewell Loyd both added 15 points for the Fighting Irish, while Markisha Wright ended with 14 points and 11 boards for Notre Dame (6-1), which bounced back from a 73-61 defeat to No. 3 Baylor on Wednesday in a rematch of last season's national championship game.
Skylar Diggins tallied 12 points and 10 assists, for the Irish, but guard Kayla McBride departed in the first half with a sprained ankle.
Devyn Christensen scored 21 and Jennifer Schlott added 14 for Utah State (2-7), which lost its fourth in a row.
Notre Dame shot a sizzling 69.4 percent (25-of-36) in the first half to gain a 66-49 lead and the Irish limited the Aggies to 7-of-29 from the floor in the second half.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5