No. 9 Maryland blasts George MasonDec 9, 2012 - 1:12 AM College Park, MD (Sports Network) - Tianna Hawkins poured in a game-high 27 points on 10-of-12 shooting and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 9 Maryland pounded George Mason, 90-40, on Saturday.
Alyssa Thomas netted 11 points to go with 12 rebounds, while Tierney Pfirman and Malina Howard scored 11 points apiece for the Terrapins (6-2), who have won two straight since a 63-48 loss to Connecticut. Alicia DeVaughn contributed 10 points in the romp.
Rahneeka Saunders scored a team-high 13 points and Kyana Jacobs added 10 points for George Mason (4-4), which shot just 26.8 percent from the floor and turned the ball over 23 times.
Maryland scored the first 18 points of the game and never looked back. The Terps held a 43-20 lead after the first 20 minutes and poured it on the rest of the way, outscoring George Mason, 47-20 in the second half en route to the easy victory.
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21