Louisville dominates ValparaisoDec 9, 2012 - 2:50 AM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Shawnta' Dyer recorded a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds as No. 8 Louisville dominated Valparaiso, 96-40, on Saturday.
Antonita Slaughter and Sara Hammond paced the Lady Cardinals (9-1) with 13 points apiece, while Sheronne Vails and Jude Schimmel each poured in 12 points for Louisville, which responded from its lone loss of the season.
Tabitha Gerardot had nine points and seven rebounds to pace Valparaiso (3-6), which lost for the sixth time in seven games.
Louisville controlled the game from the start as Slaughter connected on a pair of 3-pointers while the Cardinals opened the contest with a 12-0 run to kick off the wire-to-wire win.
Gerardot put an end to the spurt with a jumper, but Valparaiso would manage just 17 more points for the remainder of the first half as Louisville took advantage of 15 turnovers by the Crusaders with a 50 percent (22-for-44) shooting performance to carry a 55-19 advantage into the break.
Valparaiso, meanwhile, was held to just 34.8 percent (8-for-23) from the floor in the opening 20 minutes.
The Cardinals then cruised through the second half, holding at least a 30- point advantage over the entire frame.
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21