Ogwumike, No. 1 Stanford blow past PacificDec 16, 2012 - 5:32 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike poured in a game-high 31 points and grabbed 13 rebounds on Saturday, as No. 1 Stanford cruised past Pacific, 78-43, at Maples Pavilion.
Joslyn Tinkle donated 10 points and Amber Orrange added nine for the Cardinal (9-0), who have won each of their last six games by at least 20 points.
Gena Johnson paced Pacific (7-2) with 13 points and Erica McKenzie finished with seven points for the Tigers, who have lost two straight after opening the season with seven straight wins.
Stanford shot 46.2 percent (30-of-65) from the field and held the Tigers to just 28.3 percent (17-60) shooting en route to the victory.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18