Irish rout Alabama A&MDec 20, 2012 - 1:42 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Kayla McBride led a balanced attack with 16 points, as fifth-ranked Notre Dame blew out Alabama A&M, 100-39, at the World Vision Classic.
Skylar Diggins and Whitney Holloway each added 15 points for the Fighting Irish (7-1), who will face Kansas State in the second round of the tournament on Thursday. Madison Cable chipped in 13 points and Ariel Braker 12, while Markisha Wright pulled down 14 rebounds.
Jasmine Sanders scored 10 for the Bulldogs (1-6), who shot 27.5 percent from the field and committed 29 turnovers.
Notre Dame, which is 32-4 in the past 17 years in regular-season tournament action, hadn't played in 11 days since a 109-70 rout of Utah State. The team used an 18-4 burst in the first half to take command. Braker's layup capped the burst for a 31-13 cushion with 8 1/2 minutes left, and the Irish went to the half up 45-24.
Notre Dame went on a 23-2 tear to open a 76-32 advantage following a pair of 3-pointers from Cable midway through the second half.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5