No. 2 Connecticut demolishes OaklandDec 20, 2012 - 2:16 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Bria Hartley stuffed the stat sheet on Wednesday, scoring a season-high 21 points to go with six rebounds, five steals and four assists as No. 2 Connecticut trounced Oakland, 97-25, at XL Center.
Breanna Stewart posted a double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds, while Brianna Banks added 18 points and six boards for the Huskies (9-0). Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis donated 14 points on 6-of-11 shooting to go with nine rebounds in the victory.
Elizabeth Hamlet netted a team-high 14 points and grabbed four rebounds for the Golden Grizzlies (5-6), who shot just 14.9 percent from the floor.
UConn scored the first 14 points of the game and essentially ran away with it from there as the Huskies led 61-12 at the half.
The Huskies shot an impressive 65.8 percent from the field, including 9-of-18 from three-point range, in the first half. Hartley led the way with 19 points on 7-of-9 shooting.
Oakland shot just 2-of-25 from the floor in the opening 20 minutes and turned the ball over 13 times.
UConn rolled through the second half, outscoring the Golden Grizzlies, 36-13 in the frame en route to the easy victory.
- OAKLAND: 25
Dec 19 8:58 PM
- OAKLAND: 12
Dec 19 7:54 PM
- OAKLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 19 7:12 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2