No. 1 Stanford holds off No. 10 TennesseeDec 22, 2012 - 11:22 PM Knoxville, TN (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike recorded a double-double with 21 points and 19 rebounds, as the top-ranked Stanford Cardinal stayed perfect with a 73-60 victory over the 10th-ranked Tennessee Lady Volunteers.
Amber Orrange added 14 points for the Cardinal (11-0), who recorded just their second win over the Lady Vols in Knoxville and first since 1996. Toni Kokenis and Bonnie Samuelson each had 11 points.
Bashaara Graves ended with 15 points and 12 boards for Tennessee (7-3), which has lost two in a row. Meighan Simmons donated 12 points.
Despite the loss, the Lady Volunteers lead the all-time series by a 22-8 margin.
- STANFORD: 73
Dec 22 5:51 PM
- STANFORD: 33
Dec 22 4:43 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 22 4:10 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26