No. 1 UConn has easy time with OregonJan 1, 2013 - 3:36 AM Eugene, OR (Sports Network) - Keleena Mosqueda-Lewis led a balanced attack with 19 points as No. 1 Connecticut routed Oregon, 95-51, on Monday.
Stefanie Dolson had 16 points, Kelly Faris contributed 13, while both Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson posted 10 points each for the Huskies (12-0). Caroline Doty contributed 14 points and a game-high 12 rebounds with seven assists and four steals.
Jillian Alleyne totaled 18 points to go with six boards and Devyn Galland posted a career-best 13 points for the Ducks (2-10).
UConn led 12-0 in the first five minutes of the contest, but Oregon rallied to trail 19-13.
The Huskies then put the game out of reach with a 13-4 run from there, leading 54-24 at the break thanks to a 15-0 burst before intermission.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2