No.4 Stanford downs BuffaloesJan 5, 2013 - 5:41 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike notched a double-double and No.4 Stanford handed the 20th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes their first loss of the season with a 57-40 victory.
Ogwumike totaled 20 points and 11 rebounds to help the Cardinal (12-1) bounce back after dropping their first game of the season to Connecticut. Joslyn Tinkle and Amber Orrange each chipped in with 13 points in the victory.
Chucky Jeffery scored 17 points and Arielle Roberson followed with 10, but the Buffaloes (11-1) shot a miserable 28.8 percent for the game in suffering their first loss of the season.
Tinkle donated nine points to a 19-4 start for the Cardinal, who was in command the entire game.
Jasmine Camp drained a 3-pointer in the final minute of the half to give Stanford a 31-14 lead at the midway point.
The Buffaloes only came as close as 12 points over the final 20 minutes.
- STANFORD: 57
Jan 5 12:00 AM
- STANFORD: 31
Jan 4 10:54 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 10:08 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18