Pope and Baylor crush Oklahoma StateJan 7, 2013 - 12:53 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brooklyn Pope scored 18 points to lead second- ranked Baylor in an 83-49 rout of No. 13 Oklahoma State on Sunday.
Brittney Griner gave 14 points and 10 rebounds, Odyssey Sims added 13 points and Destiny Williams donated 11 points and eight boards for the Lady Bears (12-1, 2-0 Big 12), who have won their past 10 games.
Liz Donohoe scored 13 points with five rebounds and Toni Young had 12 points and 11 boards for the Cowgirls (11-2, 0-2), who have dropped their first two conference games after starting the season with 11 straight wins.
Baylor never trailed from start to finish and held a 21-12 lead with 13 1/2 minutes left in the first half after a Pope layup.
Oklahoma State tied the game later in the first half on a Tiffany Bias layup, but Sims countered with a 3-pointer and the Lady Bears scored 12 unanswered points.
Baylor took a 42-26 lead into the break and got the first four points of the second half for a 20-point advantage.
The Lady Bears' lead never dropped below 18 points for the rest of the game.
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 49
Jan 6 7:29 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 26
Jan 6 6:20 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 6 5:41 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18