Faris, Stewart carry UConn over GeorgetownJan 10, 2013 - 3:17 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Kelly Faris scored 15 points, and Breanna Stewart totaled 12 points and 13 rebounds, as third-ranked Connecticut blew out Georgetown, 75-48, at McDonough Arena.
Stefanie Dolson added 13 points, while Bria Hartley scored 12 for the Huskies (13-1, 1-1 Big East), who suffered their first loss of the season on Saturday against Notre Dame at Gampel Pavilion.
UConn went 12-of-41 from 3-point range, including a 4-of-7 clip for Faris. They did, however, commit 19 turnovers.
Sugar Rodgers had 23 points and nine rebounds for the Hoyas (10-5, 1-1), who committed 26 turnovers and had a three-game winning streak broken.
The Huskies moved to 45-6 all-time against the Hoyas, including 28 straight wins. UConn hasn't lost to Georgetown since February 27, 1993, a 64-62 setback in Storrs.
Sydney Wilson started the game with a layup for Georgetown, but UConn netted the next 12 points and didn't trail the rest of the night. The Huskies built a 38-23 lead at halftime and led by double digits for the final 20 minutes.
- CONNECTICUT: 75
Jan 9 9:28 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 38
Jan 9 8:28 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 9 7:38 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2