Baylor moves homecourt winning streak to 48 gamesJan 10, 2013 - 3:41 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored 23 points, and top-ranked Baylor blasted No. 25 Iowa State, 67-39, to move its homecourt winning streak to a nation's best 48 games.
Kimetria Hayden, Destiny Williams and Brooklyn Pope all had 10 points for the Lady Bears (13-1, 3-0 Big 12), who forced 24 turnovers. Baylor has won 25 straight Big 12 regular season contests, a new conference record.
Nikki Moody scored 11 for the Cyclones (11-2, 2-1), who had a six-game winning streak broken.
Griner scored the game's opening five points, and Baylor was in front the rest of the way. Her jumper with 11:48 left expanded the margin to 16-3, and the defending national champions carried a 35-19 advantage into the break.
Baylor, which held an incredible 50-0 advantage in points in the paint, was ahead by 30 midway through the second half.
- IOWA STATE: 39
Jan 9 9:57 PM
- IOWA STATE: 19
Jan 9 8:48 PM
- IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 9 8:07 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19