No. 9 Tennessee whips MizzouJan 11, 2013 - 3:53 AM Knoxville, TN (Sports Network) - Meighan Simmons scored 18 points and pulled down five rebounds as No. 9 Tennessee had an easy time with Missouri, winning 84-39 at Thompson-Boling Arena.
Bashaara Graves had 16 points and eight boards for the Lady Vols (12-3, 3-0 SEC), who received 12 points and 15 rebounds from Isabelle Harrison in the program's largest in-conference margin of victory since a 65-point win over Alabama a little more than two years ago.
Morgan Eye poured in 18 points -- all from beyond the arc -- for the Tigers (12-5, 1-2), who shot just 19.7 percent from the field. Eye set an arena record with 17 three-point tries, snapping the previous mark of 16 by Tennessee's Angie Bjorklund from 2008.
The hosts led 12-3 early on, and Mizzou fell behind 48-21 after 20 minutes of play thanks to its poor shooting.
Graves finished off a three-point play with just over 6 1/2 minutes played in the second half which gave the Vols a 59-26 edge, and Tennessee cruised the rest of the way.
- MISSOURI: 39
Jan 10 9:57 PM
- MISSOURI: 21
Jan 10 8:53 PM
- MISSOURI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 10 8:08 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22