No. 3 Connecticut overpowers MarquetteJan 12, 2013 - 11:43 PM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis scored 24 points and netted four 3-pointers as No. 3 Connecticut took care of business on the road at Marquette, winning 86-51 at the Al McGuire Center.
Stefanie Dolson contributed 20 points on 9-of-11 shooting for the Huskies (14-1, 2-1 Big East), who have now won two straight games following their first loss of the season on Jan. 5 versus Notre Dame.
Sarina Simmons scored a team-high 19 points to lead Marquette (8-7, 0-2), which has never defeated the Huskies in eight tries all-time.
UConn started the game on an 11-0 run and jumped out to a comfortable 21-3 lead with 12:49 remaining in the first half.
The hosts fell behind after 20 minutes of play, 54-19, with Simmons accounting for 10 points.
UConn played without stud freshman Breanna Stewart, the team's second leading scorer, who averages 14.6 points per game after she sprained her ankle at practice on Friday.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2