Griner, Baylor roll past Kansas StateJan 17, 2013 - 3:32 AM Manhattan, KS (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner posted game highs of 29 points and seven rebounds to lead No. 1 Baylor past Kansas State, 90-69, at Bramlage Coliseum.
Brooklyn Pope followed with 12 points and six rebounds, while Kimetria Hayden finished with 11 points and seven assists for the Lady Bears (15-1, 5-0 Big 12), who stretched their record-setting Big 12 regular-season win streak to 27 games.
Brittany Chambers paced Kansas State (10-7, 1-4) with 23 points and Ashia Woods added 11 in the Wildcats' third straight loss.
The Lady Bears scored the first six points of the game as part of an early 12-3 run to take a lead they would hold for the remainder of the contest.
Baylor's advantage stretched as high as 14 on two separate occasions in the opening 20 minutes, thanks to a 58.1 percent first-half shooting performance.
Kansas State, meanwhile, was held to just 32.4 percent from the floor in the first half and trailed by a 46-37 margin at the break.
The Wildcats never threatened in the second half, trailing by double digits after Hayden's opening layup and falling behind by as much as 27 in the frame.
- BAYLOR: 90
KANSAS STATE: 69
Jan 16 10:02 PM
- BAYLOR: 46
KANSAS STATE: 37
Jan 16 8:51 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 16 8:07 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19