No. 10 Maryland rolls past NC StateJan 18, 2013 - 3:58 AM College Park, MD (Sports Network) - Tianna Hawkins scored a game-high 26 points on 12-of-19 shooting from the floor and grabbed a season-high 17 rebounds, as 10th-ranked Maryland cruised to a 82-62 victory over NC State on Thursday.
Alyssa Thomas posted 18 points and seven rebounds and Tierney Pfirman added 16 points to go with eight rebounds for the Terrapins (14-3, 5-1 ACC), who picked up their fourth straight win following a Jan. 3 loss at North Carolina.
Marissa Kastanek scored 16 points and Len'Nique Brown added nine points and six rebounds for the Wolfpack (8-10, 0-6) who have dropped five straight.
Maryland never trailed in the contest and went into the break up 11, 34-23. An Alicia DeVaughn layup capped off a 13-2 run which increased the home team's lead to 49-28 with 16:36 remaining and the Terrapins never looked back.
Hawkins, who recorded her ninth double-double of the season, helped Maryland stay dominant in the series, as the 'Terps have won eight of the last nine games. The Wolfpack haven't defeated Maryland on the road since 2005.
Maryland led by as many as 31 in the second half and outscored NC State 51 to 22 from points in the paint.
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27