No. 7 California rallies to top USC in OTJan 18, 2013 - 5:11 AM Berkeley, CA (Sports Network) - Gennifer Brandon had 22 points, including the game-tying jumper late in the fourth quarter to force overtime, and 26 rebounds as No. 7 California rallied past Southern California, 71-63, at Haas Pavilion.
Layshia Clarendon dropped in a game-high 27 points for the Golden Bears (14-2, 4-1 Pac-12), who have won two straight and eight of their last nine.
Ariya Crook paced Southern California (7-9, 4-1) with 21 points, while Cassie Harberts followed with 15 and Kate Oliver posted a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds as the Trojans saw their four-game win streak come to an end.
California carried a 36-31 advantage into the second half after a hard-fought opening 20 minutes that saw six lead changes and six ties.
The Golden Bears maintained their lead through the opening minutes of the second half until a Crook 3-pointer sparked an 11-0 run to put USC ahead, 46-41, with 12:46 to play in regulation.
A pair of Brandon foul shots brought Cal within 62-60 with about a minute to play. Crook missed a jumper and then failed to connect on a pair of foul shots at the other end to keep it a two-point game.
Coming out of a timeout with 26 seconds left, Brandon grabbed the offensive rebound of a Clarendon miss and sank the game-tying jumper to force overtime.
The Golden Bears then dominated to extra period, outscoring USC by a 9-1 margin to snap a three-game losing streak against the Trojans.
- USC: 63
Final - OT
Jan 17 11:18 PM
- USC: 62
End of Regulation
Jan 17 11:07 PM
- USC: 31
Jan 17 9:52 PM
- USC: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 17 9:07 PM
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Weisner helps No. 8 Oregon State turn back USC 63-53 Mar 5
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 7 Oregon State uses strong 3rd quarter to beat USC 76-52 Feb 20
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Feb 7
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3