Tennessee rolls over AlabamaJan 20, 2013 - 8:31 PM
Meighan Simmons added 16 points and seven boards, while Taber Spani, Jasmine Jones and Isabelle Harrison each poured in 14 points for the Lady Vols (15-3, 6-0 SEC), who won their eighth straight game.
Daisha Simmons scored 19 points to pace Alabama (11-7, 1-4), which lost for the fourth time in five games.
Kaneisha Horn contributed a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds in defeat.
The teams traded baskets over the early portion of the game until Tennessee reeled off a 17-8 run to jump ahead, 35-25, with just under six minutes remaining in the first half.
Alabama netted the next five points to get back within 35-30, but the Lady Vols scored 14 of the final 19 points of the half to take a 49-35 advantage into the break.
The Crimson Tide never threatened in the second half as the Lady Vols gradually pulled away for the win.
- ALABAMA: 69
Jan 20 3:02 PM
- ALABAMA: 35
Jan 20 1:53 PM
- ALABAMA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 20 1:06 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21