Lucas helps Penn State get past MichiganJan 22, 2013 - 2:37 AM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Maggie Lucas scored 19 points to lead No. 8 Penn State to a 59-49 win over 23rd-ranked Michigan on Monday.
Alex Bentley scored 16 points with five steals while Nikki Greene added eight points and 11 rebounds for the Lady Lions (15-2, 5-0 Big Ten), who have won nine straight since a loss to Connecticut on Dec. 6.
Rachel Sheffer had a game-high 20 points with 10 rebounds for the Wolverines (15-3, 4-1), who had a 10-game winning streak snapped.
Michigan held an early six-point lead, but Penn State scored the next 15 points to take a lead it held the rest of the first half.
Trailing by eight to start the second half, 32-24, the Wolverines went on an 11-2 run to take the lead on a Kate Thompson 3-pointer with 14:40 to play.
The score stayed close for the next several minutes and the Wolverines trailed by one after Madison Ristovski put in a pair of free throws to make it a 47-46 game with 7:03 to play.
The Lady Lions, though, scored the next 12 points to seal the win as the Wolverines failed to get any points for over six minutes.
- PENN STATE: 59
Jan 21 8:19 PM
- PENN STATE: 32
Jan 21 7:16 PM
- PENN STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 21 6:32 PM
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Iowa women race past Michigan in Big Ten second round Mar 3
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland uses big second half to beat Michigan 76-56 Feb 17
- Alston's 26 leads No. 7 Ohio State over Penn State Feb 14
- Penn State upsets No. 17 Michigan State women 65-61 Feb 11
- No. 17 Michigan State women beat Michigan 85-64 Feb 3
- Walker-Kimbrough leads Maryland to 89-53 win over Jan 27
- Mitchell leads No. 7 Ohio State to 97-93 win over Michigan Jan 21
- No. 8 Maryland holds off upset-minded Michigan 74-67 Jan 14
- No. 23 Michigan State women beat Penn State 71-55 Jan 7
- Williams has 30 and No. 24 USF women beat Penn State 101-79 Dec 6