Griner leads Baylor over Iowa StateJan 24, 2013 - 4:02 AM Ames, IA (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner had 22 points and eight rebounds as top-ranked Baylor took a 66-51 win over No. 24 Iowa State on Wednesday.
Odyssey Sims had 12 points, four assists and three steals while Alexis Prince added 11 points for the Lady Bears (17-1, 7-0 Big 12), who have won 15 straight, all by double-digits.
Anna Prins scored 17 points and Brynn Williamson added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Cyclones (13-4, 4-3), who have lost their past two.
For over 11 minutes in the first half, the Cyclones failed to put a point on the board and the Lady Bears scored 17 during that time, including a dunk from Griner.
Sims' hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to help Baylor take a 31-16 lead into the break and Baylor led by no fewer than 12 points throughout the second half.
- BAYLOR: 66
IOWA STATE: 51
Jan 23 9:58 PM
- BAYLOR: 31
IOWA STATE: 16
Jan 23 8:51 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 23 8:06 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19