Hawkins helps Terps trounce Tar HeelsJan 25, 2013 - 3:58 AM Maryland Terrapins dominated 11th-ranked North Carolina, 85-59, at Comcast Center.
Chloe Pavlech poured in 18 points, while Alyssa Thomas tallied 17 points, 10 boards and eight assists for the Terrapins (16-3, 7-1 ACC), who have won six straight since a Jan. 3 setback at North Carolina.
Krista Gross and Tierra Ruffin-Pratt registered 15 points apiece to lead the Tar Heels (18-2, 6-1), who had won 11 straight since suffering their lone loss of the season at then-No. 16 Tennessee on Dec. 2.
North Carolina led 18-17 after Gross' jumper with 9:39 left in the first half, but Maryland closed the stanza on a 20-7 surge to grab a 37-25 edge at the break.
The Terrapins ran away with game in the second half, as they led by double digits throughout the frame and built their lead as high as 29 en route to the blowout victory.
- NORTH CAROLINA: 59
Jan 24 10:39 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 25
Jan 24 9:24 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 24 8:38 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25