No. 9 Tennessee gets past VanderbiltJan 25, 2013 - 4:57 AM Tennessee posted an 83-75 win over Vanderbilt on Thursday.
Bashaara Graves totaled 16 points and eight rebounds for the Lady Vols (16-3, 7-0 SEC), winners of nine consecutive games.
Christina Foggie had 22 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals for the Commodores (13-6, 3-3), losers in three of their last four. Tiffany Clarke contributed 19 points and a game-best 10 rebounds in a losing cause.
The Vols rolled out to a 16-6 edge within the game's first five minutes, and extended the advantage to 41-26 on a Spani triple before heading to the break ahead by 12.
Jasmine Lister's trey forged a 41-41 deadlock less than five minutes into the second half, but Simmons scored seven points during the ensuing 11-2 run which provided a nine-point edge for the visitors.
Spani's three-point play with 11:03 left made it a 12-point lead at 57-45 and the game was essentially in hand for Tennessee from there.
- TENNESSEE: 83
Jan 24 11:01 PM
- TENNESSEE: 41
Jan 24 9:49 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 24 9:07 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23