Griner becomes all-time block leader as Baylor routs OklahomaJan 26, 2013 - 7:58 PM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner blocked eight shots to set an NCAA record as No. 1 Baylor hammered No. 20 Oklahoma, 82-65, at Ferrell Center.
Griner, who scored 15 points and pulled down eight rebounds, has now blocked 665 shots in her career, surpassing Louella Tomlinson's mark of 663 for St. Mary's in California from 2007-11. She also needs just three more points to become the Big 12's all-time scoring leader.
Odyssey Sims posted a double-double with 12 points and 10 assists, while Brooklyn Pope, Kimetria Hayden and Jordan Madden each dropped in 10 points for the Lady Bears (18-1, 8-0 Big 12), who have won 16 straight games and stretched their record-setting Big 12 regular season win streak to 30 games.
Aaryn Ellenberg scored a game-high 33 points for Oklahoma (15-4, 5-2), which lost for the second time in three games.
Joanna McFarland recorded 12 points and 16 rebounds in defeat.
Baylor trailed, 10-8, just past the four-minute mark of the first half until Destiny Williams and Hayden connected on back-to-back jumpers to spark a 14-0 run that put the Lady Bears on top, 22-10.
Oklahoma answered with an 11-4 spurt to get back within 26-21 on McFarland's shot from beyond the arc, but Baylor closed out the half with a 19-15 push to carry a 45-36 advantage into the break.
Oklahoma never threatened in the second half as Baylor opened the frame with an 8-3 run to push its lead up to 16 and the Lady Bears pulled ahead by as much as 26 in the final 20 minutes.
- OKLAHOMA: 65
Jan 26 2:02 PM
- OKLAHOMA: 36
Jan 26 12:52 PM
- OKLAHOMA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 26 12:06 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19