No. 10 Maryland rolls past ClemsonJan 28, 2013 - 12:53 AM Clemson, SC (Sports Network) - Tianna Hawkins poured in 17 points to lead 10th-ranked Maryland to an 80-40 rout of Clemson on Sunday.
Katie Rutan scored 16 points and Alyssa Thomas posted her 12th double-double of the year with 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Terrapins (17-3, 8-1 ACC), who have won seven straight.
Nikki Dixon scored 17 points for Clemson (5-14, 1-7) which has dropped seven of its last eight games overall.
Maryland shot 54.8 percent (17-for-31) from the field in the first half to take a 44-18 lead into the break.
The Terps didn't back off in the second half, outscoring the Tigers, 36-22, over the final 20 minutes to cruise to their 12th straight win over Clemson.
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25