No. 6 Stanford downs No. 20 ColoradoJan 28, 2013 - 3:41 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored 20 points and pulled down 12 rebounds to lead sixth-ranked Stanford to a 69-56 win over No. 20 Colorado on Sunday.
Joslyn Tinkle added 16 points, Toni Kokenis scored 15 and Amber Orrange finished with 10 points for the Cardinal (18-2, 7-1 Pac-12), who have won four straight since a 67-55 setback to Cal on Jan. 13.
Chucky Jeffery scored 13 points and Jamee Swan finished with 14 points on 7- of-9 shooting from the floor for the Buffaloes (15-4, 4-4), who have dropped back-to-back games.
Colorado will finish a three-game swing against ranked opponents when it takes on No. 19 UCLA on Feb. 1.
Kyleesha Weston's layup with just over five minutes left in the first half pulled Colorado within 24-21, but Stanford outscored the Buffaloes 11-4 the rest of the way to take a 35-26 lead into the break.
The Cardinal opened the second frame on a 21-4 run to go up 51-30 with 14:26 to go.
Colorado was able to make it a 10-point game at 66-56 following a Swan layup with 2:23 left, but Stanford didn't allow another basket the rest of the way to seal the win.
- COLORADO: 56
Jan 27 8:57 PM
- COLORADO: 26
Jan 27 7:49 PM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 27 7:06 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18