No. 3 UConn stomps VillanovaJan 30, 2013 - 2:48 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Stefanie Dolson poured in a game-high 20 points to go with eight rebounds as third-ranked Connecticut crushed Villanova, 76-43, on Tuesday.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis knocked down 5-of-6 from beyond the arc en route to 19 points and Breanna Stewart added 14 points for the Huskies (19-1, 6-1 Big East), who have won seven straight games since falling to Notre Dame on Jan. 5.
Jesse Carey scored nine points for Villanova (16-4, 5-2), which has dropped two of its last three games following a six-game winning streak.
The Wildcats stayed within striking distance early, trailing just 17-10 seven minutes through. UConn, though, closed the half on a 27-7 run to take a 44-17 lead into the break.
The Huskies held Villanova to just 25.8 percent (8-for-31) shooting in the second half to cruise to the easy win.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2