Griner sets Big 12 scoring record in rout of Lady RaidersJan 31, 2013 - 4:17 AM Lubbock, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner poured in 40 points and set the Big 12 women's career scoring record in the process, as No. 1 Baylor routed Texas Tech, 90-60, on Wednesday at United Spirit Arena.
Griner passed Oklahoma State's Andrea Riley after scoring the first four points of the game, giving her 2,837 for her career to surpass Riley's mark of 2,835 points from 2007-2010.
Griner added 15 rebounds in the triumph, while Brooklyn Pope contributed 14 points for the Lady Bears (19-1, 9-0 Big 12), who have won 31 consecutive regular-season conference games and a nation's best 17 straight overall.
Kelsi Baker scored 12 points to lead the Lady Raiders (16-5, 6-3), who had won four straight.
Griner's jumper just over seven minutes in provided Baylor with an 18-4 advantage and the Lady Bears cruised to a 41-27 edge at the break.
Baylor shot 56.8 percent (21-for-37) in the second half and led by double- digits throughout the frame en route to the victory.
- BAYLOR: 90
TEXAS TECH: 60
Jan 30 9:53 PM
- BAYLOR: 41
TEXAS TECH: 27
Jan 30 8:49 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 30 8:06 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17