Ogwumike leads Stanford in rout of OregonFeb 2, 2013 - 4:32 AM Eugene, OR (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike posted 22 points and 13 rebounds as No. 4 Stanford eased past Oregon, 86-62, on Friday.
Joslyn Tinkle added 16 points and Sara James netted 11, while Amber Orrange contributed nine points and nine boards for the Cardinal (19-2, 8-1 Pac-12), who won their fifth straight game.
With the win, Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer claimed her 400th career Pac-12 victory.
Ariel Thomas led Oregon (3-18, 1-8) with 17 points and nine rebounds. Jillian Alleyne followed with 13 points and 13 boards in the Ducks' 10th loss in 11 games.
Stanford controlled the game from the start, opening the first half with a 23-4 run to jump out to a comfortable lead.
The Cardinal were led by Tinkle's 14 points as they shot 40 percent from the floor in the first half while holding Oregon to just 29 percent shooting en route to a 38-27 advantage at the break.
Stanford again came out strong to put the game away in the second half as an 18-4 run stretched its lead up to 56-31 and the Cardinal cruised through the remainder of the game.
- STANFORD: 86
Feb 1 10:56 PM
- STANFORD: 38
Feb 1 9:57 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 1 9:04 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18