Notre Dame rolls over CincinnatiFeb 2, 2013 - 10:27 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Kayla McBride scored 19 points and pulled down five rebounds to help No. 2 Notre Dame take a 64-42 win over Cincinnati on Saturday.
Kaila Turner scored 11 points for the Fighting Irish (20-1, 8-0 Big East), who have won their past 15 games. Natalie Achonwa scored nine points with six rebounds and Skylar Diggins added nine points and seven assists.
Kayla Cook scored 12 points for the Bearcats (8-13, 0-8), who have lost eight straight games.
Notre Dame scored the first 10 points of the game and never looked back as the team closed the first 20 minutes with a 13-5 run to take a 37-15 lead into the break.
The Bearcats tried to keep up and used six straight points to get within 16, 39-23, just over two minutes into the second half, but the Irish scored the next 14 points to put the contest away.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5