No. 3 UConn downs St. John'sFeb 2, 2013 - 10:46 PM Connecticut best St. John's 71-65 on Saturday.
Bria Hartley added 10 points for the Huskies (20-1, 7-1 Big East), who broke open a tight game in the late stages thanks to their leading scorer.
Shenneika Smith led the Red Storm (10-10, 4-4) with 21 points while Aliyah Handford added a career-high 17 in the setback.
Mosqueda-Lewis snapped a 57-57 tie with 4:34 left by scoring the Huskies' next seven points, including 4-of-4 from the free-throw line, to give the visitors a 64-59 edge
Faris added a triple, before Kiah Stokes and Hartley capped the win from the charity stripe.
- CONNECTICUT: 71
ST. JOHN'S: 65
Feb 2 3:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 35
ST. JOHN'S: 35
Feb 2 2:48 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
ST. JOHN'S: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 2 2:05 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2