Hawkins, Thomas help No. 10 Maryland past Boston CollegeFeb 3, 2013 - 8:12 PM College Park, MD (Sports Network) - Tianna Hawkins scored a game-high 26 points on 11-of-14 shooting and Alyssa Thomas donated 24 points and pulled down 12 rebounds, leading No. 10 Maryland to an 85-62 victory over Boston College.
Alicia DeVaughn added 13 points and went 9-of-9 from the free throw line for the Lady Terrapins (18-3, 9-1 ACC), who have won eight straight. Katie Rutan and Malina Howard each netted 10 points a piece in the victory.
Kristen Doherty paced Boston College with 18 points and six rebounds, and Kerri Shields scored 14 points and pulled down six boards for the Eagles (9-12, 3-7), who have lost five of their last six games.
Maryland led, 38-31 at the break and utilized a 22-8 second half surge, capped off by Hawkins' layup with 5:16 remaining, before cruising for the victory.
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 62
Feb 3 2:48 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 31
Feb 3 1:43 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 3 1:09 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27