Missouri's second-half surge hands Tennessee first conference lossFeb 3, 2013 - 9:42 PM Missouri to an 80-63 win over ninth-ranked Tennessee on Sunday.
Eye shot 8-for-14 from the field, including six three-pointers, for the Tigers (15-8, 4-5 SEC), who were coming off a win over Florida on Thursday. Bri Kulas had 20 points, five rebounds, five assists and three steals.
Missouri shot 52.7 percent from the field, including an 11-for-24 mark from three-point range.
All five of Tennessee's starters scored in double digits, but it wasn't enough for the Lady Volunteers (17-5, 8-1 SEC), who have lost their first conference game of the season and two of their past three games overall. Kamiko Williams led the team with 14 points and six rebounds.
The game was close throughout the first half, as neither team managed a lead of more than five points. With 36 seconds left, Cierra Burdick made a layup to give Tennessee a 37-34 edge at the break.
Missouri tied the game at 37-37 in the opening seconds of the first half before Bashaara Graves and Taber Spani scored four unanswered points.
With 14:28 remaining, Eye scored from beyond the arc to give her team a 45-44 advantage, and the Tigers never fell behind for the rest of the contest.
Graves' free throw with 14:07 left in regulation tied the game at 45-45, but the Tigers went on a 25-9 run over the next nine minutes, including two 3- pointers by Eye, to give them a 70-54 lead.
Tennessee was unable to score in the final 2 1/2 minutes of the game, allowing Missouri to get the win.
- TENNESSEE: 63
Feb 3 4:05 PM
- TENNESSEE: 37
Feb 3 2:51 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 3 2:06 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22