No. 4 Stanford cruises past ArizonaFeb 9, 2013 - 5:47 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored a game-high 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds en route to her seventh straight double-double as No. 4 Stanford rolled to a 73-43 victory over Arizona Friday.
Mikaela Ruef also recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 boards for the Cardinal (21-2, 10-1 Pac-12), who won their seventh straight. Joslyn Tinkle netted 15 points and nailed three 3-pointers, while Sara James and Bonnie Samuelson scored nine and eight points respectively, in the victory.
Alli Gloyd paced Arizona with 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting for the Wildcats (11-11, 3-8), who lost their six straight.
Kama Griffitts brought Arizona within 14-13 at the 9:45 mark of the first half, but the Cardinal closed the half on a 24-9 flurry and comfortably led at the break, 38-22.
Little changed in the second half as Ogwumike's jumper around the midway point made it 63-35, before Stanford cruised to the win the rest of the way.
Stanford limited the visitors to just 16-of-52 from the floor (30.8 percent), including just 1-of-14 from behind the arc.
- ARIZONA: 43
Feb 8 11:50 PM
- ARIZONA: 22
Feb 8 10:47 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 8 10:08 PM
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18