Braker, Notre Dame down Seton hallFeb 9, 2013 - 9:56 PM South Orange, NJ (Sports Network) - Ariel Braker had 15 points and five rebounds as No. 2 Notre Dame downed Seton Hall, 69-49, on Saturday.
Kayla McBride added 12 points and nine boards, while Skylar Diggins and Natalie Achonwa each dropped in 11 points for the Fighting Irish (22-1, 10-0 Big East), who have now won 14 straight regular season Big East games.
Achonwa also pulled down nine rebounds in the victory.
Brittany Morris scored a game-high 16 points and Ka-Deidre Simmons posted 11 points, six assists and five steals for Seton Hall (8-15, 3-7), which lost its third straight.
Seton Hall opened the scoring with a Simmons jumper, but that was the last time the Pirates had the lead as Notre Dame responded with a 17-2 run to go on top for good.
The Fighting Irish held a double-digit lead from there until a Simmons 3- pointer sparked a 13-2 run to bring Seton Hall back within five before a McBride layup gave Notre Dame a 35-28 advantage at the break.
A personal 5-0 push by Morris cut Seton Hall's deficit to 39-33 three minutes into the second half, but Notre Dame responded with a 12-2 spurt to regain a 51-35 advantage and cruised from there, stretching their lead as high as 27 points en route to the win.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- Duquesne beats Seton Hall 97-76 in NCAA tournament debut Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- Duquesne-Seton Hall Preview Mar 18