UConn rips DePaul in snowy StorrsFeb 10, 2013 - 11:29 PM Connecticut blasted DePaul, 91-44, on Sunday.
Bria Hartley totaled 18 points, seven rebounds and four assists for the Huskies (22-1, 9-1 Big East), who held the opposition to 26.2 percent shooting in the rout.
Megan Rogowski had 12 points, while both Megan Podkowa and Jasmine Penny totaled eight points each for the Blue Demons (17-7, 6-4), who had won four of their last five but were hampered by arriving at Gampel Pavilion just over an hour before tip-off.
The game, which took place less than 24 hours after a blizzard slammed into New England with anywhere between one and three feet of snow, belonged to the hosts from the outset. UConn raced out to a 15-3 advantage in the first five minutes and never came close to trailing.
It was 52-27 at the break, and the Huskies reached a game-high lead of 47 points with 8:26 remaining on a Moriah Jefferson triple for an 81-34 game.
- DEPAUL: 44
Feb 10 5:27 PM
- DEPAUL: 27
Feb 10 4:27 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 10 3:40 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2