No. 4 Stanford rolls past ASU for eighth straight victoryFeb 11, 2013 - 12:40 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike recorded her 18th straight double-double with 26 points and 14 rebounds, helping No. 4 Stanford roll past Arizona State, 69-45 on Sunday.
Bonnie Samuelson came off the bench to add 19 points and nailed five 3- pointers for the Cardinal (22-2, 11-1 Pac-12), who won their eighth straight and 11th of their last 12 overall. Joslyn Tinkle scored 13 points and pulled down 11 boards in the victory.
Haley Videckis paced Arizona State with 11 points on 4-of-7 shooting, as the Sun Devils (11-13, 3-9) dropped their fifth straight and shot a mere 30.8 percent from the floor.
Ogwumike's layup with 6:01 left in the first half gave Stanford a 22-16 lead, and the Cardinal convincingly closed the half on a 17-4 surge for a 37-20 edge after 20 minutes of play.
Ogwumike had 18 points on 8-of-9 shooting from the field at halftime.
Stanford didn't let up in the second half, as Samuelson's triple with just under nine minutes remaining extended the home team's advantage to 59-33, and the Cardinal cruised to the victory the rest of the way.
- ARIZONA STATE: 45
Feb 10 6:44 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 20
Feb 10 5:39 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 10 5:03 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19