No. 3 UConn cruises past ProvidenceFeb 13, 2013 - 3:09 AM Providence, RI (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis led six Connecticut players in double figures with 17 points, as the third-ranked Huskies pounded Providence, 105-49, on Tuesday at Alumni Hall.
Kelly Faris followed with 16 points, Stefanie Dolson donated 14 points, and Bria Harley added 12 for the Huskies (23-1, 10-1 Big East), who have won 11 straight since opening conference play with a 73-72 setback against then-No. 5 Notre Dame on Jan. 5.
Moriah Jefferson and Breanna Stewart each supplied 13 points in the triumph.
Brianna Edwards led Providence (7-17, 2-9) with 17 points and Tori Rule added 11 points for the Friars, who have lost two straight and five of their last six.
The Huskies jumped out to a 21-5 lead just over four minutes in before taking a comfortable 56-29 cushion into the break.
Connecticut, which shot a scorching 56.9 percent (37-for-65) from the field overall, cruised to victory in the second half.
- Providence hires St. Bonaventure's Crowley as women's coach May 10
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2