No. 6 Cal uses balanced attack to breeze past BruinsFeb 16, 2013 - 4:52 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Gennifer Brandon, Brittany Boyd and Layshia Clarendon each scored 14 points as No. 6 California cruised past 15th-ranked UCLA, 79-51, on Friday at Pauley Pavilion.
Brandon added eight rebounds and Boyd finished with 10 steals, while Reshanda Gray gave 12 points off the bench for the Golden Bears (22-2, 12-1 Pac-12), who have won 10 straight.
Atonye Nyingifa netted a game-high 20 points to lead the Bruins (19-5, 10-3), who had won six straight since a Jan. 20 setback at California.
UCLA kept it close early and trailed by just four, 20-16, with seven minutes left in the first half, but the Golden Bears closed the frame on a 19-5 surge to take a 39-21 cushion into the break.
It was all California in the second half, as the Golden Bears led by double- digits throughout the period en route to the victory.
- CALIFORNIA: 79
Feb 15 10:54 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 39
Feb 15 9:50 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 15 9:13 PM
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3