No. 4 Stanford crushes USCFeb 16, 2013 - 6:22 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike notched a double-double with 26 points and 15 rebounds to lead the fourth-ranked Stanford Cardinal over Southern California, 79-55, on Friday at Galen Center.
Joslyn Tinkle followed with 17 points and 11 boards and Mikaela Ruef added 12 points for the Cardinal (23-2, 12-1 Pac 12), who captured their ninth consecutive win.
The Trojans (8-16, 5-8) shot just 33.3 percent in their fifth straight defeat and eighth in nine games. Alexyz Vaioletama scored 14 points and Cassie Harberts had 13 in the setback.
Harberts scored on a layup with 3:48 to play in the first half to cut the Trojans' deficit to 24-19, but Stanford closed out the half on 7-0 run to take a 31-19 edge into halftime.
USC stayed within 12 points over the initial 5 1/2 minutes of the second half, but fell behind 52-34 soon after and never came closer than 17 the rest of the way.
- STANFORD: 79
Feb 16 12:55 AM
- STANFORD: 31
Feb 15 11:51 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 15 11:06 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18